Saturday 23 January 2010

Who am I?

Who am I?!


Who am I is an important question that we should all think about. I will try to answer this question frankly and honestly to help myself to be a better person and know other people too. My name is Rua Ghanim Alsheikh. I am Iraqi and I was born in Iraq from Iraqi father and mother. I am the youngest in my family. I have two lovely sisters and two lovely brothers. I have a great mother and a great father that I am proud to be their daughter. My father is a doctor and my mother is a history expert.My two brothers are doctors and my sister as well while I and my other sister went in different direction that she decided to go to computer science and I would like to study Mass communication and Sociology because we don’t like medicine as my older sister and two brothers. I am interested in those two subjects as since I was a kid, I used to write stories and write about social issue. In addition, I would love to defend women’s rights because women suffer a lot from patriarchy societies. Qasim Amin has influenced me a lot about women’s rights. If Qasim Amin succeeded in librating women in the 1880s, nowadays 2010, we still in my opinion need another Qasim Amin to liberate women in some societies.
Back to personal life, I was brought up in a democratic, free and comfortable environment that affects my personality positively. My family is everything to me. I love my family very much and cannot resist anything which may harm them. I like my friends which I made in Iraq and Egypt. About my hobbies, I like listening to music, especially Arab songs. When I was little, I used to draw and design dresses for girls but I stopped drawing now because of lack of time and studying. I write some poetry in Arabic and I published some of them in a site in the internet of my favorite singer.
About my personality, My biggest fear in life is to lose people I love. This is really difficult to me and also I hate failing in everything and when I want to do anything, I love doing it perfectly. Moreover, I hate cheating and don’t like some students who say that cheating is cooperation; this is not true and they just want to have an excuse to what they are doing. In addition, I don’t like lying to people or people lie to me .Lying is a bad habit that everybody should be a way from. I also like cats and feel they are really cute. I wish I could someday have one in the future.
The other important thing in my life is my country. I love my country very much and I considerate as my son that is really dear to my heart. I have been away from Iraq for more than 6 years. I wish I could visit my country soon because really I miss everything there I had a great time in Iraq although since I was born I witnessed four wars and one economic sanction. I had beautiful moments on the beach and having fun with my family and friends. Also, I love my country because you feel that everyone can understand you and feel that you are in your home not a stranger.

I would like to visit many places in the world although I hate planes but I would like to visit France, Tunisia, Italy, Spain and many other countries. One day I wished that I can see Egypt and my wish came true.

Finally, I wish I can be an important person in the future and doing well in my future career. I also wish my country will be safe soon and I’ll be able to visit and live in again. I wish all people I love to feel and live a good and steady life.

2 comments:

  1. It's an honour to know a bit more about you, keep going on, well done.

    ReplyDelete